In December 2020, Sonos launched a software update that shook Sonos fans everywhere – you can now add 2 subs to your home theatre system.
What is needed?
1. At least 1 Sonos Sub (Gen 3) and a Sonos Arc, Beam or Amp in your system
2. Ensure your Sonos S2 app is on the latest software update
How to set it up?
Before you start
Place your Sub in your desired location and connect it to power.
If you are setting up a Sonos home theater speaker and Sub at the same time, set up the home theater speaker first. The app will guide you through adding your Sub during the setup process.
If you're adding a Sub to a Sonos speaker that is already set up, follow the steps below.
Add a Sub (If you haven't already)
Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
From the Settings tab, tap System.
Under Products, tap the room you would like to add your Sub to.
Tap Add Sub.
Follow the prompts to add the Sub to your Sonos system.
If you have already set up your Sub but would like to use it in a different room, see our article on removing your Sub.
Add a second Sub to a Sonos home theater system
Your Sonos home theater setup can connect with up to two Subs. When adding a second Sub, at least one of the Subs must be a Sub (Gen 3). You can check your Sub’s model in the System section of your My Account page.
1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
3. Under Products, tap the home theater room that already contains a Sub.
4. Tap Connect Second Sub.
5. Follow the prompts to add the second Sub to your home theater system.